Make it easier to get dressed quickly by following these few easy steps!
- Edit your wardrobe: The seasons are changing and now is a great time to decide what you wear most, least, or not at all. Check on things that no longer fit. Are there any tank tops or summer clothes that you didn’t wear this year? Be ruthless; toss them out!
- Decide what to store: We are moving into cooler weather; let that and frequency be your guide on what to keep in your closet, and what to store elsewhere.
- Organize your “hang-ups” by type and color: A good place to start is with length and then color, when you have a system in place for where things go, outfits are easier to put together.
- Set up zones: Low hanging bars hold skirts and pants, while high bars can hold shirts and suits. For dresses, an eye-level bar, and out of season items can go on high shelves.
- Choose the right hanger: It’s amazing how your closet will look neater when you have one type of hanger – wood, wire, or plastic.
- Manage odds and ends: Hang belts, ties, scarves, bags in plain sight and on hooks that can be attached to the inside of your closet door. Or use containers, like matching baskets to manage these items.
- OMG Shoes! Decide on a system for storing your shoes. It could be a rack on the floor, see-through plastic boxes, or original boxes with photographs stapled to them to identify what’s inside. Out-of-season shoes should be stowed elsewhere, and toss the ones you no longer wear!